PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
Managedcare Sdn. Bhd. (“the Company”) is committed to the protection of your personal data in and outside of Malaysia. This personal data protection notice (“Notice”) explains the collection, processing and disclosure of your personal data pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (the “Act”).
By providing your personal data to us, you are deemed to have read and consent to us using, collecting and processing your personal data in the manner described in this Notice.
Kindly note that the Company reserves the right to change, amend and/or vary this Notice at any time. You are advised to check this Notice from our website from time to time for amendments or updates.
B. Collection of Personal Data
i. Your personal details, including details relating to other person(s) who may be identified from your details provided to us;
ii. Any sensitive personal data which may include but not limited to medical conditions and medication taken by you;
iii. The information collected from all forms and/or documents used submitted by you to the Company;
iv. Details of any person(s) identifiable from your personal data; and/or
v. Other information from which you are identifiable from.
(collectively referred to as “Personal Data”)
2. In addition to the Personal Data that you provide to the Company directly, the Company may collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources such as:-
i. Application or registration forms or other similar forms;
ii. Your purchases of our products & services;
iii. Publicly available sources;
iv. Credit reporting agencies;
v. From various entities or divisions under the Company; or
vi. Through surveys, strategic partnerships with Corporations/non-governmental organizations, participation in events/activities and subscription of our e-newsletters.
3. Where you have provided the Personal Data of another individual (“Third Party”), you must ensure that you have informed the Third Party that you are providing the Third Party’s Personal Data to the Company, and have obtained the Third Party’s consent to do so.
4. Kindly note that it would be obligatory for you to provide the Company with the above mentioned Personal Data for the Company to fulfil the purposes as provided for in Paragraph 5 below. The failure to provide your Personal Data would lead to the Company being unable to execute the purposes stated in Paragraph 5 below.
5. Personal Data collected by the Company may be used for, but not limited to the following purposes:-
i. Internal record keeping throughout your relationship with us;
ii. To manage and service our relationship with you as our customer, including keeping you abreast with our services and/or promotions either offered by us or our partners;
iii. To deliver and provide services and/or products you may acquire through the Company either directly from the Company or the Company’s business partners;
iv. Communicating with you;
v. For statistical analysis;
vi. Taxation and/or auditing purposes;
vii. For the exercise of any functions conferred on any person by law and/or towards the administration of justice; and/or
viii. For any purpose incidental, ancillary or in furtherance to the abovementioned purposes.
(collectively referred to as “Purposes”)
D. Disclosure to Third Parties
6. If and when necessary, your Personal Data may be disclosed to the following third parties:-
i. External professional advisors and auditors;
ii. Governmental departments and authorities;
iii. Healthcare agencies or bodies;
iv. Parties in which we have contractual relations with;
v. External nursing homes;
vi. Insurance agents or companies;
vii. Law firms or corporate advisory services or due diligence services in connection with due diligence exercises that may be carried out on the Company or any of its affiliated entities; and/or
viiii. Any business partner, investor, assignee or transferee (whether actual or prospective) to facilitate Business Asset Transactions* (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or any debt or asset sale) involving the Company.
*“Business Asset Transactions” may extend to any purchase, sale, lease, merger or amalgamation or any other acquisition, disposal or financing of an organisation or a portion of an organisation or of any of the business or assets of an organisation.
E. Security of Personal Data
7. The Company’s main data server is located in Malaysia. In the event that your Personal Data is transferred to a location outside of Malaysia, the Company ensures that confidentiality safeguards have been put in place to ensure your rights to personal data protection remains unaffected.
F. Access and Correction
8. The Personal Data must be accurate, complete, not misleading and kept up-to-date. Should you be made aware of any inaccurate, incomplete or misleading Personal Data or where the Personal Data provided to the Company earlier have become incorrect or out of date, kindly notify the Company at the details provided for in paragraph 11.
9. You have the right to request access and correct your Personal Data. Such request however, may be subject to the requirements in the Act and at a prescribed fee.
G. Retention Standard
10. Any Personal Data shall not be kept longer than is necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes abovementioned in Paragraph 5. The Company shall undertake to ensure that all Personal Data is destroyed or permanently deleted if it is no longer required for the Purposes for which it was to be processed.
11. For all further queries or request(s) kindly contact:
Managedcare Sdn Bhd
10 floor Wisma Mirama
Jalan Wisma Putra
50460 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
Telephone Number: +603 2142 7166